fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Welcome to the Forums.

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Author

Andrew Peel
    Participant

Greetings folks

I moved from Cape Town in South Africa to Tauranga 2 years ago. Bought a little KTM Duke to travel on the roads and recently acquired a little WR250R for the trails / dirt. I haven’t found many dirt roads here in BoP yet but will be moving down to Canterbury in the near future so I expect more riding availability there.

I look forward to meeting up and riding with you guys!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@AndrewPeel said:
    Greetings folks

I moved from Cape Town in South Africa to Tauranga 2 years ago. Bought a little KTM Duke to travel on the roads and recently acquired a little WR250R for the trails / dirt. I haven’t found many dirt roads here in BoP yet but will be moving down to Canterbury in the near future so I expect more riding availability there.

I look forward to meeting up and riding with you guys!

Hi Andrew

Have you checked out our North Islands track map? There’s some great tracks down towards Rotorua, which isn’t that long a ride to get to.
    https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/north-island-tracks/

I’m moving to Tauranga as soon as I can get a job there.

Canterbury and especially Otago have what I think is the best ADV riding in NZ.

graham Povey
    Participant

Hi guys and girls. I have just joined the group. I live in Wanaka with lots of trails down here. Bit chilly at moments here but looking forward to summer and getting out and about. Usually road ride but think I’m missing out on some fabulous scenery so bought myself a little F650gs to play around on. I also have a DL1000 for the bigger trips.
    Say hi if your coming south or if you live in the region.
    Cheers

William
    Participant

Hi all, I joined a short while ago and thought that it is about time I introduced myself.

I am new to adv style riding. I have been sans bike for around 10 years (kids etc) and probably 15 to 20 years since I was on the dirt side of things. So, I made the smart(?) move and purchased a 2008 R1200GS to get me back on the saddle. I am a bit rusty but will get out when I can to loosen up the old skills (if they still exist!).

Been up Mt Dick just out of Carterton to see if I can keep the bike upright while off of the tarmac, so far so good. Did a Wairarapa (home), Foxton, Paremata loop yesterday to get used to some higher mileage.. sore sore arse at the end!!!

Keen on some interesting rides but not always a lot of free time – location suggestions welcome. Is the pylon track still rideable just south of Featherston?

W

Sandra Thomson
    Participant
    • Bike: V-strom DL650A; BMW F650 GS (husband\'s)

Hi all – to introduce myself
    After coming to grips with riding farm bikes and being a pillion on bigger bikes, I progressed to my own TTR250 traveling all over the North Island with my husband on his FJ1200 pack-horse. We even completed a couple of adventure rides over in the Coromandel (off-road & 2-up on TTR) & Far North (both bikes). All that was several years (& children & cows) ago!

The TTR250 wasn’t going to last me long so I became the proud owner of my DR650, traveling from the NI to south as far as Timaru, completing the Molesworth, Rainbow Station and any other road to see where it went. All that was also a number of years ago as we decided to downsize to live in a bus. Sadly only had room for 1 bike BMW F650GS – which my husband rides.

We now live in Opotiki part of the Sunny Eastern Bay of Plenty and once again have room for a 2nd bike :). So, having recently purchased my DL650A v-strom, I’m once again back in my own saddle but a little rusty. The v-strom is definitely different from the DR! We’ve been getting some kitted-up practise in for me as we’re about to head off for a 2-3 week trip. I figure it’ll either make or break me as the 1st part will be the Waikaremoana road. Wish me luck hahahha

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

Welcome back to the fold. Great choice of bike. Are you on Facebook? I’m looking to create a Whakatane sub group for organising local group rides.

Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.