fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Welcome to the Forums.

This topic contains 132 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Kiwiscoot 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author

Brook
    Participant

<cite>@oldbeer said:</cite>
    @brooktyrrell

Hey Brook, did you get a bike yet???

Hello @oldbeer
    I still have to sell my Road Bike before I can make the change to something more suited to me – fit and riding. But hopefully soon!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@3pattes said:
    I drive a home build rig ( from scrap and old parts i kept when i closed the shop) and the bike is a Chinese 250 Tundra;
    Safe ride to all!

That rig looks awesome, definately more pictures required.

3Pattes
    Participant

Julia
    Participant
    • Bike: Yamaha TT350, IT200, IT490, YZ250FX

Hi everyone

Thought I better write something to say hello in the introduction page. Just dipping my toes in the water on the adventure riding scene. Lifetime off road dirt biker, I recently purchased a mint road registered TT350, so decided to keep it that way and try some road based riding. Couple of vintage Yamaha ITs in my shed and a modern YZ for the trails.
    Went for a bit of a tiki tour out Te Pahu way and along Old Mountain Road this morning.
    Live in Pirongia so handy to some good back country loops.

Cheers
    Julia

OldBeer
    Participant

Welcome Julia, some pretty impressive bikes in that list and the 350 looks sweet. Some very nice roads around that area and south of the mountain, we were on Hautapu Road and Pomerangi at Easter (along with a lot of other riders). Very nice. Happy riding.

harrywatson
    Participant

Welcome to the forums, happy riding.

dudz996
    Participant

Hi All,

Im new to the south Island. Living in Dunedin.

My best all rounder was my XR650R supermoto/dual sport. (got pinched from me years ago). I want to get another but they are ridiculously expensive in NZ.
    Can anyone tell me if the CRF450L is any comparison to the XR650R ?. My XR used to fly with gas flowed head. Maybe the XR is worth importing from OZZ ?

bigkuri
    Participant

Welcome @dudz996. Yeah the big XR650R is a great bike in NZ, I’ve been having a blast on mine (bought back with me from UK).

I was lucky enough to get a ride on a CRF450L, one of the few sold in Auckland. It was ok, terrible seat, and didn’t feel that powerful at all. But a nice wee bike, and new…. Not some well used 650R with hidden problems.

Would I buy the 450L? Only if my 650R died. The 650R seems much better built, the engine is just so much more substainal. The 450L seemed a bit disposable.

There are a couple of very nice XRs on trademe right now, it may be worth the dosh, especially as even though they are expensive, they are no where near the $$$$$ for a new 450L. Plus I know which bike would be running after 50,000km, certainly no wee 450 I think.

dudz996
    Participant

6500 nzd for a used xr with only off road setup ?. Only worth 3k in my opinion. I love them but thats just ridiculous. thanks for the info about the CRF’s

Hanafi
    Participant

Hey Adventure Riding Crew!

Stumbled across this while searching motorcycle rental locations in NZ. Have spent the last couple of hours pouring over the maps and posts. @eddieb you have done a really good thing here, thank you. I will be sure to support.

So having done two tours of northern India (1st: Kashmir/Ladakh/Manali & 2nd: Spiti) one of the Indian guys I rode with is coming to NZ and I want to show him what our beautiful country has to offer. So many descisions to make on how to spend my 12days and his 18days riding… Am seriously close to buying a Royal Enfield Himalayan which I absolutely loved riding over in Spiti. One thing holding me back is the 8 – 10 hour ride from AKL to WELL on day 1, so am now considering flying to CHCH and hiring there…

Anyway, wanted to drop a note here to say its incredible to have found this community.

Cheers
    Hanafi

OldBeer
    Participant

Hi Hanafi and welcome to the forum.

Nelson
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Glad to see that there is a “Family” in New Zealand for adventure riding 🙂 Lived in other Countries in the past and its amazing the people that we meet and friends that we do because we share the same passion.
    I arrived to NZ 2.5y ago, and have now decided to return to ride bikes but this time will stay with adventure/touring. Im actually converting my class 6 overseas DL to a NZ one and should be done soon as I only have to do the practical test. Lets see how it goes.

In past used to ride dirt and enduro bikes, which had to give up due to a back surgery in 2016…

Will try to share and be active as much as I can.

Cheers
    Nelson

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

Welcome to NZ and this community. Where are you in NZ? Might be a good thing is you can fill in your location in your profile. Some have ride outs in the different regions.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.