fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Well bugger, I won't be ADV riding for probably at least 6 months

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Well bugger, I won't be ADV riding for probably at least 6 months

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

I had plans for a number of trips over this summer including the central plateau for the 42nd Traverse, Fishers track and others, Northland for Baylys Beach/Poutu Point, Coromandel and where ever else but I’ve just been given a medical diagnosis that sees me out of riding anything uneven or rough for the immediate future.

That means I won’t be organising any off road events or rides unfortunately, luckily I am allowed to road ride still so thats where I will be for the time being, still on the DR.

That doesn’t mean site members can’t organise anything themselves, there’s 80 of you now and that number is growing at a steady pace and you are welcome to use the forums here to organise rides or get togethers, and to tell everyone about it afterwards, thats what this site is for.

In the meantime i think I’ll work on getting my sidecar hooked up to the DR to try something new, and as soon as I am able I’ll be back on the gravel and lumpy stuff.

zaTTaz
    Participant
    • Bike: CBR250RR, DR350, WR450

As you say at least you can ride on the road.

Do you have any trips planned sticking to sealed roads in place of your other trips?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Not at this stage. I’ve been giving riding a bit of a break as the diagnosis is for head injury and the recovery is basically moving and jolting the head as little as possible.
    While life carries on the better I treat it now the quicker any improvements that can be had, will be had, and so the quicker I can get back into full riding mode.

I think I’ll be down to half day local trips over summer unfortunately.

Also, forum membership has gone from 80 to 110 since the first post.

Dan
    Participant

That a shame about the head injury. Side car for the dr650. I asked where to find some pics but went and found them and edited the question out. Looks cool. A friend or mine is making one for his dr350 trail bike. Off road only but has yet to really test it. Its a leaner as in not a ridged to the bike. but i beleive it will have a locking pin if need be.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Cool. Pete in Blenheim built a leaner for his XR250 which semed to work pretty well. I think he’s working on one for his XT660 now.

Jimmy With 2 Eyes
    Participant

Well that don’t half sux for you Eddieb I’ll do some adventuring just for you eh’!!!! damn good site!!!! I have been here before but didn’t realize it had all this interesting and informative stuff hidden away!!!! all I need to find now is some other adventurous person or person’s to ride with hahahahaha One never knows when one is going to need a push or pull outta’ the soft stuff eh’

p.s Keep up the fantastic work Eddieb I’m more than impressed!!!!

Attachments:
    Eddieb
    Keymaster

The DR has given me the go ahead to start riding again, though I still have the mammoth job of trying to build my stamina up to a suitable riding level. That might still take a long while yet.

Spud
    Participant

Glad your getting better, build up your fitness steadily and get “bike fit” by riding your bike, good excuse to get out as well

cheers Spud

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    Eddieb
    Keymaster

Well 4 years later and this is still an ongoing thing.

The final diagnosis was Chronic Fatigue which I am still battling every day and probably will do so for the rest of my life.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.