fbpx

Wellington and Wairarapa Training Day?

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Wellington and Wairarapa Training Day?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Claudio
    Participant

That’s so cool, got a couple o friends that would be keen as well. I’m interested on the second day slippery / technical stuff.

Joao
    Keymaster

Well…. I’m jealous … actually I’m very jealous… we don’t have anything remotely similar to that…

I would love to have a place like that one to go and have practice sessions with other members of the forum in Auckland..

great stuff. thanks for sharing.

Joao

billingtond
    Participant

If you can muster enough interest you could always head down here for a long weekend

billingtond
    Participant

This is drone footage if the training area

billingtond
    Participant

Wairarapa beyond the Gravel intermediate training

The basic day went well i have had a number of adventure rides contact me asking if i can run something above the basic course. Even a group from Auckland is considering a weekend. Any way back to the question. The answer is yes, however be warned intermediate will be an intermediate course, what does this mean. Well i will be making an assumption that you can do all the basic handling stuff that the basic course covers. The training day will be tailored to adventure bikes 650 or over, with tyres that are suitable for off road terrain. (Mud based tyres)

As a starter i will kick off in the training paddock just to see what skill levels the riders are at (sometimes the paddock is a good grounding platform to remind us of our true ability than perceived) from there depending on the group’s feedback we will head out to the “play areas” where we will cover, river bed, river crossings and sand, once we have completed that next step will be the off road tracks which will include tricky mud climbs, grasses tracks and some bush bashing. Depending on how that goes we will head to another area to ramp up the River bed/ sand work and crossings, which will include some steep bank/hill climbs and descents.

The day will kick off at 10 starting at Greytown and will end about 3 ist, by this time you will be starting to get fatigued. The day is not about covering huge Ks it’s about practice, practice and building on the basic adventure riding skills.

If your interested post me via the Adventure Riding Website or Facebook. We will see what dates we can jack up.

Cheers

Dave

Joao
    Keymaster

This sounds great what dates?

Joao
    Keymaster

That is awesome footage with the Drone.
    Do you mind if we take a couple of clips and make a compilation to show at the upcoming NZ motorcycle show in Septembre at the ADVNZ stand?

Mario Gregor
    Participant

are you guyes heading up tomorrow? The date didnt move by any chance to Sunday 27th did it? ;
    THanks

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.