fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Tell us about any issues with the Adventure Riding NZ website

This topic contains 68 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@zword9000 said:
    I’m getting the same 404 error

Seems like the forum, shop and homepage all load but everything else gives me the 404

Dammit, thought I had fixed that. Obviously not.

What happened when you followed the instructions on the 404 page?

It should work again now

Eddieb
    Keymaster

There was a glitch that caused users to get an error with some South Island tracks when trying to access the track pages or download the GPX file which thanks to assistance from @steve_archibald has been resolved.

The fix was as simple as adding some missing S in a couple of places in the code.

Muzz67
    Participant

Would it be possible to change the colours of the tracks etc on the maps to make them really stand out?
    finding it hard to see on weeny screen in daylight….
    Cheers!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@muzz67 said:
    Would it be possible to change the colours of the tracks etc on the maps to make them really stand out?
    finding it hard to see on weeny screen in daylight….
    Cheers!

I have been thinking about that. When I first assigned the colours I tried to select ones that Kinda resembled the surface type but that doesn’t work so great. Got any suggestions?

Muzz67
    Participant

Meybe black (like tar) for sealed roads, red shows up great for gravel which is probably the most common road for adv riders, Brown for dirt,, not sure about sand etc,, could purple work?
    Cheers.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@muzz67 said:
    Meybe black (like tar) for sealed roads, red shows up great for gravel which is probably the most common road for adv riders, Brown for dirt,, not sure about sand etc,, could purple work?
    Cheers.

I updated the colours the other day Muzz, nothing too fancy, i just used primary colours.

In other news I also did some tweaks that to me seem to have sped the site up a bit.

Muzz67
    Participant

Excellent, super great!

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R100GS & Velorex 562 Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Small point. Anyone tell me why I’ve dropped about 800 points on the leaderboard? Not a biggie, but I did notice the change in posting positions….

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@stephen.clark said:
    Small point. Anyone tell me why I’ve dropped about 800 points on the leaderboard? Not a biggie, but I did notice the change in posting positions….

A software update for that plugin had reset the settings so it was using the balance of points given automatically for things like posts and replies and not including manually added points updates for things like new GPS track pages.

It is now showing correctly again.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.