Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Tell us about any issues with the Adventure Riding NZ website

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Tell us about any issues with the Adventure Riding NZ website

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: BMW R100GS

Topics Created: 1,535
    Replies posted: 3,079

@jason_poynter said:
    Hi, thanks for that, I can now download the gpx files, but my phone says it can’t open file.

You need a GPS app on your device that supports the .gpx file standard.

https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/recording-using-gps-tracks-phone/

Eddieb
    Keymaster

There was an issue with being able to create a new topic in the forums but I’ve fixed that now.

amelusine
    Participant

Topics Created: 0
    Replies posted: 1

Hi,
    The tracks on the North Island map seem to have all disappeared, although I can still access them using the list on the right side. And the South Island map works fine.
    Any chance you can fix that ? It’s not easy to find tracks without the map.
    Thanks !

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on there. An update to an existing track was sent in so I updated that track and the map wouldn’t load any more, so I put everything back as it was before the changes and it still won’t load. I’m working on it but no idea what the cause is yet.

Iain Harris
    Participant
    • Bike: 2021 Honda CRF300 Rally

Topics Created: 0
    Replies posted: 1

FYI, just confirming that the North Island, South Island and T2B tracks are not showing up on the maps (for me at least) in either Firefox or Chrome.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@iain_harris said:
    FYI, just confirming that the North Island, South Island and T2B tracks are not showing up on the maps (for me at least) in either Firefox or Chrome.

Ah Bugger, Thanks Iain. I was aware of teh North ISland track but when I looked last both the other ones were working. Must be something going on with the google code. I’ll get into it some more.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@amelusine @iain_harris The maps are working again now.

A few weeks ago the Adventure Riding NZ website was subject to a brute force attack and as part of that I blocked access from Russian countries, the stans and a bunch of countries over that way via cloudflare.
    As it turns out it seems that this also caused the the Google maps api also seems to stop working. it looks like I’m going to have to do a lot more testing as to which countries I can and can’t block without ill effects, though I wouldn’t have thought blocking any of these would cause an issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.