No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Where to ride Whangamomena in winter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Major Bumsaw 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Major Bumsaw
    Participant
    • Bike: Super modified DR650 and a Gas Gas EC400FSE

So I took a sneaky mental health day from work and headed out to Whangamomena with my Gas Gas 400 which I have just rebuilt. It was the first ever ride for the bike.
    It was cold and damp but better than a day at work. I know this road is so slippery when its wet but its half the fun. I wanted to hang around near my ute just encase the bike stopped working…however it performed amazingly , and my confidence was built, so I decided to ride the length of the track and back…stopping off to ride the side tracks that the 4wd club had made.
    Hill climbs were as hard as could be expected and I took a fall on a decent as my rear brake was to high and locked up the rear wheel. So after stopping to adjust, I carried on. I decided to do some slow training Pulling full lock figure 8’s and static balancing with the old adage “before you learn to ride fast you have to learn to ride slow”. A few small bunny hops and an occasional wheelie if I got the traction.
    It was a great ride….not to be rushed as there is some sheer drops into the river below. Very slippery but very passable…Oh and take no notice of the road closed sign. Its been there for ages.

Major Bumsaw
    Participant
    • Bike: Super modified DR650 and a Gas Gas EC400FSE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.