fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Where are you?

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar Chat Where are you?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Where in NZ are you, are we all bunched up close to each other or are we spread over the country?

I’m in Hamilton.

Chris DuPont
    Participant

Hi Edward. I’m in city of Invercargill, Southland Province. regards Chris. I See you are hitching a car to a BMW ! Do you need photos of sidecar to frame setup at all , as I have some taken when the local sidecar Guru Stu Kennady was engineering one onto a similar BMW here with a separate connection frame ,( to bolt to bike & then connects to sidecar ) ! Chris DuPont. P.S. I’m still working out how to get around the site at the moment.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hi Chris

Yes I’d love some photo’s. Another user, Coriman, also posted some of a frame on an earlier BMW in the Sidecar builds section.

Stinky
    Participant

Well I’m in Hamilton as well

xtpete
    Participant

I’m in Lincoln , Christchurch…

gloplug
    Participant

Hi I am in Christchurch ’96 Moto Guzzi California with Mk2 Sabiston

Chelle2014nz
    Participant
    • Bike: 1988 FXR with Sabstion

Hi folks. I’m in Auckland.
    1988 FXR with Sabstion Mk 2
    196? Royal Enfield with original sidecar (not attatched at present)
    1942 WLA with Murphy sidecar.
    Must find a better hobby

Eddieb
    Keymaster

You need to post some pics Chelle, especially of the Royal Enfield. My Velorex was hooked up to an Enfield before I bought it.

Sidecar-Dave
    Participant

Hi all. My name is David and I live in Hamilton,NZ. I have been interested in sidecars for a number of years. About four years ago I decided to have a go and at fitted a Cosy chair to a honda super magna. Unfortunately, I could not over come the heavy steering problems, due to the excessive rake of the front forks. I ended up selling both units individually, out of dissappointment. However, my interest in sidecars remained.

More recently, I bought a GS 850 Suzuki sidecar unit through trademe. Unfortunately, this also had steering issues. However, perseverance paid off and after many years of wanting the sidecar experience, I finally have got there. This sidecar his very user friendly and a joy to ride. I am hoping to meet up with other enthusiasts through this site. Cheers all

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hi Dave and welcome

I’m in Hamilton as well, and there are a half dozen or so other sidecars in Hamilton that I know of.

Sidecar-Dave
    Participant

Hi Edward and thanks for your reply. I have seen a couple of sidecars around Hamilton but due to heavt traffic, I haven’t been able to contact or get a photo. I am keen to meet up with other enthusiasts so if anyone is keen just email me here. Also, I believe there is a sidecar registry for enthusiasts in Auckland but I cannot find any information about this. Cheers David

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.