fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Who is going to the Dusty Butt DB1K 2015???

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Who is going to the Dusty Butt DB1K 2015???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

Hi guys. Just let you know that i wanna try the 1000km next year. Maybe there are someone else and we can ride down together. So guys…..lets rock it. 🙂

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

The 1000km in one day? thats a big effort and only a handful have ever achieved it. there’s are some tough slow portions of the ride.

I think the record for doing it is something like 17 hours which makes the average speed about 60 km/h, and there are quite a few sections where you would be doing a lot slower than that.

xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

The ride is saturday and sunday. I would say two days. I talked last weekend with some guys, who did it onces. And he told me, it actually not necessary to have good mx skills or what ever. Only what you need to have is a good butt. 🙂 I try it….see what comes. I wanna travel next summer anyway on the south island, so good timig to do it.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Oh doing it over 2 days is good, they are still long days however. I did it a few years ago. There is some amazing scenery down there.

If you have a bit more time Bike Week NZ is an awesome event and a few site members are going down from Wellington this year. It’s in the sama area too so you can do all the same tracks at a more leisurely pace. That event is run by @bikeweeknz

https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/events/137/bike-week-at-bannockburn-2015/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.