fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell WR250 bits and bobs wanted

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Fisher 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andrew Thomson
    Participant

Hi all, you’ll all be jealous to hear that I’ve picked up the bike that all hard-core adventure riders want. A little WR250R.

It is very standard but I do want to set it for adventure riding as well as trail bashing. So I’m looking for all those choice bits that will take it from merely awesome to a fire-breathing, KTM eating, rock pounding monster:

– bigger tank
    – alloy bash pad
    – racks for gear
    – better seat?

So, if you’ve got anything that may help lying around the shed please let me know 🙂

Mighty Mouse up Takapari Road

Mighty Mouse
    Takapari Road

Andrew Thomson
    Participant

Ok, so this hasn’t worked so far. I might settle for some recommendations from other WR pilots…

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

I’m not a WR owner, but as far as racks for gear goes, I really like the OS system by Kriega. With the OS Base it’s a versatile, add/subtract/rearrange to suit the situation and can do away with the weight of racks/pannier systems. I still have run a rack underneath to stiffen subframe for extra luggage and double as a sturdy place to pull on when the bike gets stuck, but not necessary with this system just add some some rack loops to the tail for more space.

Nice bike BTW, if you feel like a challenge we should enter them into the NI1600 one year 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.