No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell WTB DRZ400E or WR250R

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Claasen 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MATadv
    Participant

Hello
    As stated in title. I’m interested to start my off road rides with either one of these bikes. Hit me up with what you got. Prefer a low km one.
    Thanks!

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

Well we’ll try not to all get gushy at once
    I don’t own either but have ridden with plenty of both
    Both are excellent for what you are talking about and I would say it would mainly come down to budget.
    If you have the readies buy the WR but if funds are a bit tighter the DR, both work well but the WR is a newer concept

Simon
    Participant
    • Bike: 2015 WR250R

How much you want to spend?

Badjelly
    Participant

FWIW, I bought a drz about this time last year after doing a lot of research into it and the wr. Hard to say for sure as no counter factual, but I’m pretty sure I made the right call. The DRZ is certainly more agricultural, but I think is a better all around bike for adv. The WR looks better though…

The DRZ is a little bit less expensive, but I’ve spent more than the difference adding things to bring it up a little from the farm tractor std spec that probably isn’t needed on the WR, so I wouldn’t view the DRZ’s lower price (normally) as a +ve

MATadv
    Participant

My budget would be around 6-7k depending on condition/mileage etc. But the lower the price the better
    I got offered a 2013 wr250r for 6.8k (3k kms!) last 2 months which I didnt pick up cause I didnt have the funds!

I’ve ridden both and I know the WR will give me better performance but the problem is I can’t find many around in the market. I wouldnt mind settling with a drz as I know I’m still new to this game and may encounter a few drops here and there which I wouldnt wanna destroy the bike lol.

Oh also if anyone is interested I’m selling my 2014 Yamaha MT-09 with modified suspension, rack, hand guards, hand warmers etc. 19k kms Located in Auckland

Thanks!

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

Yer that all sounds about right, for sure you will get a DRZ well within that budget,
    Either would be good with the Nod if you have the money IMHO going to the WR
    Those MT09’s are cool and go like cut cats I know

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.