fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

XT600z

Home Forums Bikes Yamaha XT600z

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    petez1
    Participant

Hello,
    I have recently (ish) brought a 89 XT600 Tenere, mostly as a cheap commuter, but also as a useable toy for weekend riding when I’m not trying to play in the garage with my “other “bikes.
    Bike was imported into NZ from England where it was set up for overland touring. It has done a trip to India with its previous owner and after a bit of TLC I hope to use her around NZ and further…

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

That looks nice, any more photo’s showing the front fairing?

David Mabey
    Participant

hi there
    how easy was it to get the bike into nz and how much did it cost you,they are really reliable and fairly cheap,i had a 2002 with a button and it was easy to ride and good for both on and off road.

dave

petez1
    Participant

Hello Edward.
    Haven’t taken a lot of decent photos of the bike. Only “travel” shots like the one at Tauranga bay and really bad phone camera shots of a Coromandle ride. This one is from when I first gat the bike. Quite a few repairs later it looks different. It was stored in Christchurch and didn’t enjoy the earthquakes. That damage plus the unregistered import status meant I got her for $750 so I’m super happy with how shes slowly progressing
    David, The bike was previously imported before sold to me so I don’t know about what the import issues were. Registering! well that’s a fun experience. ALL paperwork must be impeccable. A history and proof of ownership is critical. Bike must meet WOF standards applicable to its year of manufacture. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY you need a testing station when the inspector is HELPFUL or you may just give up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.