Yamaha T7, new FZ-7/MT-07 based adventure bike?

Forums Forums Bikes Yamaha Yamaha T7, new FZ-7/MT-07 based adventure bike?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Claasen 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Ever since Yamaha released the FZ-07/MT-07 (depending on market) it’s been getting rave reviews for it’s 690cc 74hp parallel twin cylinder motor and relatively light wet weight of 179kg.

German bike Mag Motorad has a history of predicting what manufacturers are going to release and it’s recently published that Yamaha are looking at releasing 15 new models or major updates to existing models for 2015, and that a FZ 07 powered adventure bike is going to be one of them.

Here’s the original article:
    http://www.motorradonline.de/motorraeder/neuheiten-blick-in-die-zukunft/568614

and here’s it run through Google translate:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.motorradonline.de/motorraeder/neuheiten-blick-in-die-zukunft/568614&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.motorradonline.de/motorraeder/neuheiten-blick-in-die-zukunft/568614%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D754

Let’s hope Motorad are right!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Rumours are still floating around that Yamaha will release a FZ-7/MT-07 based adventure bike, here’s a recent artists rendition of what one could look like.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

I would have either of the top two tomorrow if the power, weight, price predictions/rumours came true. Sadly talking to two Yamaha dealers in Auckland doesn’t seem it is due to arrive any time soon. In fact one of the dealers I spoke to did not really know what I was talking about. Still don’t understand why someone has not filled the mid capacity/weight adventure bike niche, so many manufacturers talking about it but all seem years away? Baffles me.

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

The Honda CB500X or NC750X has been modified by a few (including a Rally Raid kit) but it’s still a street bike at the core. Given that Yamaha had the XT660, I can’t imagine they will change much from that, just a new model further leveraging the R&D costs of the new engine.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Not entirely sure by what you mean by “they will not change much” it is all rumours anyway so far. But if they bring out a 700 twin that looks like the 660 Tenere then that is fine by me, but they need to shave some weight from that beast 206 wet, 183kg dry is just too much for a single.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Yamaha has shown a concept model at the 2016 EICMA show called the T7. This uses the MT 07 motor and is likely to be the Tenere 600 replacement as it was announced earlier the 660 Terene is being discontinued in 2017

The game moves on dramatically though with this concept. Packing the MT-07’s CP2 engine into an all-new chassis, the T7 should dig into the soft stuff with superb tractability from the parallel-twin 700.

Equipped with an aluminium fuel tank, quad-projector LED headlight, a carbon fairing and skid plate, and a custom made Akrapovic exhaust – as well as high specification KYB front suspension, 21in front and 18in rear, the T7 concept is a serious statement.

Michael J Breen
    Participant

If KTM don’t pull finger; that might be the bike I buy. But until I know the weight and full specs; I’ll keep waitingh

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Apparently it’s being developed by Yamaha’s Rally Race team so hopefully it will be well sorted when it comes out.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Stumbled across a close up pic

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Rough Crafts in Taiwan did some mods to scramblerise a MT07

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Any updates on what Yamaha are up to with the T7?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

If you can read Italian then DueRoute magazine has an article and some video of the Yamaha T7

http://www.dueruote.it/notizie/moto-scooter/esclusiva-mondiale-il-primo-contatto-con-la-yamaha-t7

Eddieb
    Keymaster

More video of the T7, who can speak French?

concept bike Yamaha T7

Présentation dynamique du concept bike #Yamaha T7 par notre ambassadeur Stéphane Peterhansel !

Posted by Yamaha Motor on Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

Its going to be very exciting soon us twin guys.
    If it can weigh 200kg full of fuel I’ll be laughing all the way to the bank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.