fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Yamaha WR250R vrs Suzuki DR250 Djebel

Home Forums Bikes Yamaha Yamaha WR250R vrs Suzuki DR250 Djebel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Who knows about WR250R’s?

Jennifer currently has a DR250 Djebel and needs something with a bit more go but weight is an issue so we want something light, whatever we get may also serve purpose for me on knarlier rides. 2nd hand WR250R’s are starting to get down to prices we could afford so they are an option but I have a couple of questions I haven’t been able to answer with Google.

WR250R
    Seat Height: 930 mm
    Wet Weight: 134 kg with 7.6 litres of fuel

The static seat height is very high, How much sag do you get when you sit on a WR250R? I know they can be lowered about 25mm via a rear shock adjustment and dropping the forks.

7.6 litres is the total tank capacity, whats the tank capacity to reserve and how far do you get on the main tank?

What HP does the WR250R put out? I have seen lots of figures varying wildy but nothing authoritive.
    What HP does the DR250 Djebel put out? I”ve seen figures of 30hp for the DR250 Djebel which has to be bollocks as it’s no faster than a ~20HP GN250.

Jake Maryniak
    Participant

Clint or Rosie could answer most of the WR questions for you

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

@Sharn Amon, any chance of a test ride? 😉

Sharn
    Participant
    • Bike: WR250R

Yes… If im test riding your bike 😉

Lowering it should get it low enough for Jen. You can set the sag too I guess, mines stiff, doesn’t sag much with my 97kg on it…

Power… With all my mods – full exhaust, airbox mod, fuel programer I would expect 29-30hp depending on what model dyno (according to my research). Stock would be 25ish.

Can’t remember the range on the 7lt tank, upgraded to 11lt and moderate riding I can do 300+- odd k. Reserve lasts about 50k max (stock tank). This is with low gearing so its reving alot more.

They are quite quick to the speed limit modded, similar to DR650. Thats with my fat ass. It struggles a bit on hills with my weight, otherwise great bike.

Come take her for a spin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.