No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Yamaha Yamaha XSR700 XTribute

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  harrywatson 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

At the 2018 EICMA show Yamaha also unveiled the XSR700 XTribute, a scrambler styled variation of the MT-07 using the same twin-cylinder 75Hp, 68Nm 689cc engine that the MT-07 and T7 Tenere use.

The colour scheme and flat seat of the XSR700 XTribute pay tribute to the original Yamaha XT500, released in 1976 and winner of the first two Paris-Dakar Rallies.
    With a wet weight of 186Kg I think it’s closer to what many riders were hoping to see in a mid size twin Adventure bike, something small, light, and easy to customise to their own needs rather than the rally focused Tenere 700 T7. Unfortunately the XSR700 XTribute still runs 17″ rims front and rear.

The high level exhaust shown in this video is an optional extra, stock the XSR700 XTribute comes with a small under engine exhaust like the bike shown below.

A 655 branded version of the XTribute was shown at the 2018 NZ Motorcycle Show so maybe NZ will be getting a LAMS version? The Yamaha Europe website lists power output for a reduced power version.

The original Yamaha XT500.

We’ve added the specs for the XSR700 XTribute to our massive Adventure/Dual Sport motorcycles comparison table.

neil.
    Participant
    • Bike: XT660R

that would actually be a really useful engine size for a lot of NZ stuff.
    I believe we only get the LAMS version of the normal XSR700 here, so i wouldn’t be surprised if we only got the LAMS version of this

harrywatson
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

I have a friend with a range of xt’s that he’s restored. Great bikes. If you like vibrations.
    Don’t know what the tenere’s like.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.