No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Electric Motorcycles ZERO drag efficiency…why aren't more doing this??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  octopusenvy 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

I just wanted to point out that while we are currently all suffering from range (and price) anxiety of electric bikes, the future will be very different when we are mostly all riding them. I am impatient, and although I like riding mine to town and back, I’d prefer a longer range tourer. On thing you just don’t see on most bikes aside from the defunct Mission and the current and sexy as anything Lightning LS-218 are FULL FAIRING designs. If you are trying to improve range, why wouldn’t you make the darn thing as streamlined as possible?? Sure the snail-looking freak Johammer gets around 200km range while scaring vegetable gardens everywhere, but at least they considered drag co-efficient!

My current favourite after the Lightning LS-218, which is wildly unaffordable still, is this custom Zero DS done in Indonesia. This guy isn’t even a custom bike builder and he saw the major factors to increase range were reducing drag and weight…oh and he made it look cool too! I’d ride this bike happily on the road and retire the buell if I could afford this. 22,000USD is certainly up there, but if Zero, Brammo, and any other mass produced ebike manufacturers would pay attention to this, we will start seeing more affordable ebikes with 200km range very very soon

Zero carbon DS full fairing

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

The New Bultaco goes someway towards that, 200km range with a small fairing.

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

i saw this but it’s not exactly ‘faired’. This is really a naked bike style with lots of drag on the frame and parts. Someone will do it, I’m just waiting impatiently

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.