No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Electric Motorcycles ZERO launches dual sport Black Forest edition

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Young 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Zero has announced a new Adventure model. The Black Forest comes complete with hard luggage, touring screen, bash plate, comfort seat, LED auxiliary lights, head light protector, and crash bars.

Using figures from the existing Zero DS, range is expected to be around 250 km while riding in the city and about 120 km of range on the open road. Zero claims the Black Forest uses the “highest power and energy density battery tech in the EV industry” with a 14.4 kWh battery which delivers 146 Nm of torque and charges using Zero’s new ‘Charge Tank’ fast charger which increases charging speed by up to 6 times.

MarkH
    Participant
    • Bike: Honda CRF1000LD

Pretty much what I’d like to go for, except that I’d need three to four times that open road range.
    Oh well, give it a few years and who knows what we might be able to achieve, I’ll keep burning petrol for now.

Dave Young
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 50 SX

Zero Motorcycles battery technology explained — https://youtu.be/DAFDpbXESgg

I live on the Taranaki coast and a ride into Whangamomona is 125 km, and that’s before hitting any gravel/trails. The range on the ZERO is getting better but it looks like I’ll have to wait a while longer before I invest in one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.