GPS track files can be emailed to AdventureRidingNZ@gmail.com
Any GPS track files submitted must be from a GPS or GPS phone app generated you rode the track, they cannot be downloaded from another website or source.
Each track submitted should have at least a 1-2 paragraph description about the track, the track name for a start and outlining any special features like great views, difficult spots, gates, location, interesting features etc. Something that tells other members about the track and why it’s good to ride.
Submitted GPS tracklogs do not have to be edited, I can do that. however if the GPS tracklogs are not edited please provide some information about the start and end points of the track you are submitting, e.g a road junction at the start and end point.
We also need some specific information to be included with GPS tracks sent in for sharing on the Adventure Riding NZ website. This detail is required so that other riders what skill levels are required, what the track terrain is like etc.
The following information should be included for each track:
- Track name:
- Description: (As above)
- Track type: (Choose 1: Gravel road/dirt track/beach)
- Track composition (Choose one from each group that best applies: smooth/bumpy/rough, firm/loose/muddy, flat/undulating/steep)
- Would the track be particularly slippery when wet e.g. due to papa clay? (Y/N)
- Rider experience level recquired for <650cc? (Choose 1: beginner/intermediate/experienced)
- Rider experience level for >650cc? (Choose 1: beginner/intermediate/experienced)
- Are there river crossings on the track? (Y/N)
- Contributed by: (Your Adventure Riding NZ website username)
If you took any photo’s while riding the track send those in as well, it makes a track much mkore appealing with photo’s and gives riders amn idea of what they are in for. If you have a video on Youtube or Vimeo include a link to that too.
For each GPS unique tracklog you submit you’ll earn 100 community points, community points reflect how much you have contributed to the website.
If you’ve ridden any good tracks in Australia we can consider loading those too if there is interest!